This information was uploaded November 2012 and remains current as of 31st March 2014. This information is reviewed on a six monthly basis and updated if necessary.
The Commissioner will exercise a number of functions under the Police Reform and Social Responsibility Act 2011.
- Issuing a five year Police and Crime Plan.
- Appointing the Chief Constable for Northumbria.
- Issuing the policing precept for Northumbria to be added to council tax bills.
- Determining police and crime objectives.
- Preparing an annual report to the Police and Crime Panel.